Dedicated Artwork Courier Service between Holt and The Mall Galleries
In partnership with The Gallery Picturecraft in Holt and South Hams Express Courier Service, the IEA is pleased to be able to offer an affordable transport service for artworks between the South Hams Pick-up Point at The Gallery, Lees Yard, Holt NR25 6HS and any of the main exhibitions held in The Mall Galleries in London.
South Hams Express are couriers approved by The Mall Galleries. They will be collecting work from Holt on specific days. To allow artists flexibility, storage in Holt will be handled by The Gallery, Picturecraft.
If you wish to use this service simply:
1) Deliver your works to The Gallery, Lees Yard, Holt by or before the deadline date for the relevant exhibition. These dates will be published on this page.
2) Cover your work in a single layer of bubble-wrap. No additional wrapping is required.
3) On delivery, pay The Gallery the relevant delivery cost (see ‘The Charges’ below).
4) Leave everything else to the system. the Gallery will pass on to South Hams Express a full list of the works they are to collect and deliver to The Mall Galleries – including yours!
5) If your work is not sold during the exhibition, ask the couriers to collect your work for return to Holt by sending them an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you wish, you may copy this message to The Gallery, but you don’t have to. The couriers will collect your work and return it to The Gallery.
6) The Gallery will let you know when your work is back.
7) Collect your work promptly and pay The Gallery for the cost of the return delivery.
It’s as easy as that!
Payment may be made to The Gallery by cash, cheque or any of the major credit cards.
The charges for artists who are not Members or Friends of the IEA will be:
£32 for the first work, plus £15.20 for each additional work.
The charges for any Member of the IEA (Full, Associate or Provisional) or any Friend of the IEA will be:
£30 for the first work, plus £13.20 for each additional work.
The benefits of using this service are:
1) You will only need to wrap each work in a single layer of bubble-wrap and label it on the outside with your name. Each individual work will, of course, need to be labelled in accordance with the rules of The Mall Galleries. All further wrapping and unwrapping will be done for you.
2) Your works will be insured at all times against loss in storage or transit. Unfortunately, although the couriers and The Gallery will exercise reasonable care when handing your work, damage cannot be covered. Note: you are advised to check the conditions of entry of any gallery to which you are sending your work because most will not accept liability for loss or damage. You may, therefore, wish to take out your own insurance.
3) Once you have delivered your works to The Gallery you can leave everything else to the system, and you will be able to arrange for any unsold work to be returned as described above.
Entries for The Pastel Society at the Mall Galleries:
If you hear on 9th November that your work has been short-listed for this exhibition then don’t forget that you can get your works taken to the Mall Galleries from Holt, using this service.
Works to be taken to London must be delivered, labelled as required, to The Gallery, Lees Yard, Holt NR25 6HS on Monday 3rd December 2018, between 10 am and 4 pm, paying the relevant charges as set out above.
Please note that this service is available to you whether or not you are a member of the IEA.