20 October to 1 November 2017
CALL FOR ENTRIES NOW OPEN
(closing date 22 September, 12 noon)
Following the lead of other major arts societies, and in order to encourage the submission of work from the whole region of East Anglia, this year the IEA can only accept entries for the Annual Open Exhibition which have been submitted using the Online Submission process below.
1. Conditions of Entry
- Anyone who lives in the region of East Anglia may submit work for the exhibition.
- Artists should submit digital images of their work for pre-selection. Guidelines for photographing your work are given below.
- There is a non-refundable fee of £10 for each work submitted.
- All artists may submit up to three works in any media. These may be paintings, etchings, linocuts, woodcuts or engravings. Photographs are not allowed.
- No work may exceed 110 cm x 85 cm, including the frame. All frames must be of solid wood and strong enough to take the work and allow for screw fixings to be inserted by the gallery. No unframed works will be accepted.
- Each work must have a label on the back, placed centrally at the bottom, stating the artist’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number, together with the title of the work, its medium and its on-the-wall price.
- No work copied from other artists can be accepted.
- All work must be available for sale.
- Artists will be responsible for insuring their work. The IEA cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused.
- The decisions of the Selection Panel are final.
- A commission of 40% for non-members of the IEA and 35% for members will be deducted by the IEA from the proceeds of sales.
2. Guidelines for photographing your work for the online submission
This advice is given for general guidance only. If you are in any doubt please ask for help from someone who can photograph your work for you.
- Your work should be photographed in a neutral light. Ideally use ‘daylight’ or ‘white’ coloured artificial lights, set at an angle to the picture. Make sure that your work is lit as evenly as possible; avoid reflection or shadowing.
- Use a good quality camera, supported to steady it and prevent blurring. Position the picture, or zoom the camera lens, so that the image fills the viewfinder as far as possible. You should not include the picture frame in the photograph. Make sure that the camera is placed as squarely as possible to the picture to avoid distortion. It is normally satisfactory to allow the camera to focus automatically.
- Images submitted should be in JPG format and no larger than 3 MB, so you may need to resize them.
- Check the quality of the image before submission. Please be aware that a poor, ill-lit or blurred photograph of your work is likely to result in its failing pre-selection.
3. Filenames of your photographs
To ensure that we correctly match details to photographs, please rename your photographs according to the pattern “<surname>1.jpg”, “<surname>2.jpg” etc (e.g. “Smith1.jpg”, “Smith2.jpg” etc)
Step 1. Submit details and photographs of your work
If you don’t have a PayPal account select the “Check Out as a Guest” option on the PayPal page.
5. Dates and deadlines
|22 September||Online submission closes (12 noon)|
|25 September||Pre-Selection Panel meeting|
|29 September||You will be notified by email if your work has passed the pre-selection process. If you do not hear from us, unfortunately your work has not been pre-selected.|
|13 and 14 October||Receiving days. Deliver your work (unwrapped and without fixings) to The Gallery Picturecraft, 23 Lees Yard, off Bull Street Holt Norfolk NR25 6HS (10 am to 4 pm)|
|15 October||Final Selection Panel meeting|
|16 October||You will be notified by email whether or not your work has passed the final selection process|
|17 and 18 October||Collect any unaccepted work from The Gallery (10 am to 4 pm)|
|20 October||Private view|
|21 October to 1 November||IEA Annual Open Exhibition|
|3 and 4 November||Collect any unsold work from The Gallery (10 am to 4 pm)|
If further information is required please email: email@example.com